Home » News » Gombe Promises N18m Compensation On Demolished Property
Gombe Promises N18m Compensation On Demolished Property

Gombe Promises N18m Compensation On Demolished Property

Gombe State government has planned to spend over N18 million as compensation to those who lost their houses for road construction in Kumbiya-Kumbiya Ward of Gombe Local Council of the state.

The chairman of the committee on payment of compensation, Shehu Abubakar Durbi, who disclosed this while speaking with journalists in Gombe Tuesday, said the aim was to ensure that those who were affected by the exercise have sense of belonging in the society.

According to him, government has started paying compensation to the affected victims, which he said, was in different categories, adding that 23 persons whose houses were affected got over N16 million while 10 persons who have temporary sites got N25, 000 each.

READ ALSO – 400 Residential Apartments To Be Sold To Retiring Police Officers

The committee chairman said that the affected persons had been given one month notice to evacuate their homes before the demolition exercise takes place in the area.

He said seven roads would be constructed by government in the area and thanked Governor Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo for his initiative towards developing Gombe into a modern city.

While commenting the effort of the government, he called on the public to support government to forge ahead in its programmes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*