It’s probably wise not to have someone that is already your friend as your property agent but it’s smart to turn your property agent into your best friend. This article gives reasons why your property agent should be your best friend
Here are the 3 major reasons:
1. You will be in constant contact with your property agent
The sale, purchase or rental of a property can last from days to months at a time. In order to ensure that the process is as pleasant and seamless as possible, it makes sense to establish a more-than-just-cordial communication style with your property agent.
If you’re not comfortable with your agent’s communication style and nothing changes even after you give feedback, it’s time to find someone else!
2. You want your property agent to have your best interests at heart
You may find yourself enjoying conversations on everything under the sun with your agent on the way to becoming best friends, but please do not forget that your agent is primarily there to help you sell or buy or rent a house!
Although it is good to be on friendly terms with your agent, remember to talk about what you are looking for in this property transaction, including a bit about how your lifestyle, personality and other relevant preferences would impact that decision.
3. You want to get the best information from your property agent
You want to know more about things like how your agent arrived at your property valuation, how he/she plans to market or search for your property and whether he/she knows insider secrets to the neighbourhood you currently reside in or are looking at.
For instance, in terms of marketing, is one on one communication still your agent’s main advertising or does he have a wide range of marketing techniques at his disposal?
By maintaining great and frequent communication with your agent, you would be able to gain more in-depth access to valuable information he/she holds or what he/she does in his/her course of work for you, which would give you more leverage to strengthen your A-game.
In addition to the 3 major reasons above, here are some other pointers to cultivating that “best friend” relationship with your property agent as soon as possible:
- The longer a house is on the market, the less likely you are to get fair value. By getting into your agent’s “inner circle”, he/she will be more willing and motivated to help you get your transaction done, fast. On the other side of the coin, if you are looking to purchase or rent, he/she will be less likely to pressure you into a decision, so you can avoid an impulse buy.
- He/she would be more open to sharing the sales schedule breakdown of a typical property transaction with you in order to help manage your stress and expectations.
- He/she would also give you tips on how to make your home ready for prospective buyers to view and have a warm and friendly impression of your place, if you intend to sell or rent out.
Treat your property agent right and he/she will reciprocate the effort. At the end of the day, a mutually beneficial partnership always wins!
– All credits to this site must be clearly stated as nigeriarealestatehub.com