- 1 As a company, we (Realty Point Limited) endorse and embrace the definition of Corporate Social Responsibility as proposed by the World Bank when we embark on the social responsibility of becoming corporate citizens.
- 1.1 Corporate Social Responsibility is the commitment of business to contribute to sustainable economic development – working with employees, their families, the local community and society at large to improve the quality of life, in ways that are both good for business and good for development.
Corporate Social Responsibility is the commitment of business to contribute to sustainable economic development – working with employees, their families, the local community and society at large to improve the quality of life, in ways that are both good for business and good for development.
CSR should be designed to aid an organization’s mission as well as a guide to what the company stands for and will uphold to its consumers.
Understanding that there are two different types of CSR: the first which consists of corporations providing funding and resources for worthwhile social causes, such as donating money or employee time to charities. For many people, this is the usual approach to corporate responsibility. However, another type of CSR involves putting together a real plan to produce products or provide services that are in the best interests of society. These include things like using safe materials in design and manufacture, corporate environmental initiatives, and other factors such as job creation and economic development.
Realty Point Limited has chosen the former which is about funding for a social cause, in this case Volunteer Corps, and in particular VolunteerCorps Ofada Tutorial Centre located at Ofada, Ogun state.
VolunteerCorps is a voluntary organization established in 1992 by a group of Nigerians who believe in the concept of giving back to the society, and promote a passion for volunteerism as a strategy to develop our world.
Their slogan is “Impact Your World; Be A Volunteer.”
VolunteerCorps core values includes :
- Team Work: We believe that by working with our volunteers and partners, VolunteerCorps maximizes its beneficial impact.
- Passion for Service: We believe that every individual has a responsibility to give back.
- We believe in Selfless service to the Society: This is because everyone benefits from the society and from selfless giving.
- Integrity: At VolunteerCorps we say what we want to do and do what we say.
- The power of One: We believe that one committed volunteer can change the world.
- Commitment to Excellence: At VolunteerCorps we are committed to providing quality services to our community using dynamic and innovative solutions.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Volunteerism, Education, Environment and Health
THEIR ENVISIONED FUTURE READS:
We see a world where because of the work we do; volunteerism will be an integral part of every Nigerian’s life. Fifty years from the 28th of June 2008 (by 2058), every community and sector
will feel the beneficial impact of volunteerism; VolunteerCorps will provide avenues for Nigerians to fulfill their natural instinct to be their brother’s keeper.