The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has forwarded to the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP), names of contractors who allegedly failed to execute projects they collected funds for.
SERAP Deputy Director Kolawole Oluwadare confirmed this in a statement yesterday.
He quoted Fashola’s letter thus: “Pow Technologies Limited, an Abuja-based company, was in 2014 awarded a contract for the supply and installation of test and maintenance equipment relays, etc to various NAPTIN regional training centers (RTCs) (LOT15), with the total contract sum of N87,763,302.40, out of which N79,404,892.66 was paid to Pow Technologies Limited.”
According to the minister, only 13 of the 19 items have so far been supplied.
He said while the contractors undertook to take remedial action, they had failed to complete the project for which funds had been released.
He said a petition was submitted to the FCT Commissioner of Police on January 13, 2016 and that the police instituted a case for the prosecution of Messrs Pow at the Upper Area Court.
However, SERAP said while it welcomed Fashola’s information regarding Pow Technologies Limited, it needed details of names of other defaulting contractors.
Credit: Daily Trust