The Kano State Fire Service on Wednesday confirmed a fire outbreak that destroyed an upper section of a female hostel at the Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil.
Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, the State fire Service spokesman in Kano said that the incident which occurred on Tuesday night resulted from high voltage.
He said that a total of 30 rooms, 20 toilets, and four kitchens were completely razed.
“We received a distress call at 09:52pm from one Alhaji Sagiru that there was a fire outbreak in the university.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent some of our personnel and fire fighting vehicles to the scene at 10:21pm to quench the fire,’’ he said.
Mohammed, however, said that no life was lost to the fire, noting that students were still at home because of lecturers’ strike.
Credit: Punch Newspaper