HAVE YOU HEARD? YOU WILL NEED TO WRITE NIESV EXAMS IF YOU MUST GO FAR IN THIS BUSINESS. OTHERWISE, YOU MAY SOON BE FORCED TO CLOSE SHOP!
Lagos state just enacted a law to forbid unqualified practitioners. Federal Ministry of Trade is now to register ALL Estate Agents nationwide. The stakes are getting higher and the hammer will soon fall on unprepared folks.
You have heard of “Eze goes to school”, haven’t you? Now, it’s Debo goes to School o!
Starting from May 25th, 2013 I will be attending preparatory class for Nigeria Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) Professional Qualifying Examination One (PQE 1).
I finally made up my mind to go for it when I realised what is worth doing well, has to be done totally. There’s no half measure success.
Why am I saying all these as if I just heard a sermon or as if you don’t know it?
I know you do, and may be you are just like me, you have been held back all these while after starting your real estate business and even attending the School of Estate’s Business Course by the fear of how you will cope with the rigours of academic work, pursuit of business and responsibilities at the home front. Especially because these exams are not anything like that of the appraisal test you had in SoE (School of Estate). This will remind you of your school days. Not the one I had to threaten some of you that SoE will video your protest and show to your kids at home or not give you a certificate before you agreed to write the appraisal test.
All your concerns are very valid and they remained some of my own challenges and considerations too until I was able to find a solution to it.
The essence of this letter is to share that solution with you and to solicit for your enlistment because there is strength in numbers.
I have unwrapped how people of our class, challenges, and situations can successfully prepare for an exam such as NIESV and pass at one sitting without much hassles. The system has inbuilt encouragement, compulsion and motivation mechanism.
For clarity, it will involve:
1) Your pre-qualification for NIESV registration to know if you qualify for registration as a Student with the Institution. That is if you have not done that yet.
2) Assist you to register with the Institution as a student. Starting from March, 2013.
3) Put you in a Peer group study/review/tutorial group starting March, 2013.
4) Provide a very conducive venue for Study/review/tutorial sessions to be headed by a member of the group but supervised by the School of Estate starting March, 2013. Help to source for and organize materials on syllabus topics for your private and group use.
5) Run a high class weekend tutorial programme for participants from Friday – Sunday from May 2013 – July 2013 in our Ikeja and Lekki Campus. This is to be facilitated by well respected professional Lecturers, the grade and class of which SoE is known for
6) Conduct a MOCK Exam in the first week of August 2013
Just in case you have enough time on your hands, we will have a parallel version of the tutorial programme running for week days Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm with 1hour break in between. So, you can pick either the weekend or weekday option.
I am sure by now, you will be wondering how much all of these is going to cost. Not to worry, it will not cost an arm and a leg. It should be N150,000 for tuition only but we are doing a market penetration promotion for this programme and are ready to give it out at N180,000 N80,000 per participant.
Wait, we have a reward for early birds…