Home » Real Estate » Court stops Okorocha from demolishing NBA secretariat
Court stops Okorocha from demolishing NBA secretariat
Governor Rochas Okorocha

Court stops Okorocha from demolishing NBA secretariat

New Telegraph reports that Justice Chukwuemeka Chikeka of an Owerri High Court has granted an order of interim injunction, restraining Governor Rochas Okorocha, the Attorney General of the State and the Commissioner for Works and Housing from unlawfully demolishing the Bar centre of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) situated within the state judiciary complex in Owerri.

The judge in a ruling on an ex-parte motion filed by the association ordered parties in the matter to maintain status quo until the hearing and final determination of the motion on notice.

Hearing of the motion for interlocutory injunction has been fixed for today. Addressing newsmen, shortly after the court’s ruling, the Chairman of NBA, Owerri branch, Barr. Lawrence Nwakaeti, advised the governor to obey the order as anything contrary will be a clear invitation to anarchy, New Telegraph reports.

According to him, anarchy looms in a society where there is no respect for separation of powers amongst the three arms of government. Nwakeati, equally called on the people of the state to reject the content of the document circulating in the state that pensioners would be paid 40 per cent of their pension arrears while they forfeit the other 60 per cent.

He sought the sanctioning of whoever issued the document, saying such statement was capable of discouraging productivity and excellence in civil service in the State.

Source: New Telegraph

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*