The landlord was once a tenant before he became a home owner. Likewise a tenant can one day be a landlord; as the saying goes, nothing lasts forever. Owning a home is every Nigerian tenant’s real estate dream. The path to it may not be easy, but it will eventually be worth it.
The security of owning the roof over your head, the feeling of contentment, satisfaction, fulfillment, it is the wish of most, if not all, Nigerians. It is called Home ownership.
Owning a home is the biggest and best investment a person can ever make and so he has to manage that investment to the best of his ability. It requires extraordinary commitment not only of funds, but time and attention as well.
There are disadvantages that come with owning a home like maintenance, financial matters and more responsibilities. But above all these, there are also a lot of benefits that comes with owning your own home.
1. It can help you plan for the future with regards to your finances
2. It gives a sense of permanence where your family can live and grow. Emotional security goes with this.
3. It is the best investment. The value of your home appreciates which means that if you decide to sell it, its price will be much higher than your purchase price. On the average, homes appreciate about 5% every year.
4. It gives you and your family security and piece of mind knowing that you have a home to call your own.
5. It develops lifelong friendships.
6. It develops the sense of roots of your family especially the children.Your family becomes a part of a community
7. It increases self-esteem knowing that you possess something of value.
8. It eliminates landlord hassles.You will have no more worries with regard to lease not being renewed and increase in rent.
9. It gives you the freedom to redecorate, remodel, make improvements, have pets, change the colour or the décor of your home to your own taste and as you desire.
10. It gives privacy. Unlike renters wherein landlords can have access to the place.
11. It often time gives more space – like larger rooms, laundry area, storage area.
12. It develops a sense of community.Homeowners become attached to neighbors, become interested and involved in events and work towards the betterment of the community to protect and preserve property.
They say little drops of water makes a mighty ocean; the journey of a thousand miles begins with that bold stride – that step of faith.
Key into the various products one of the foremost real estate companies in Nigeria, Realty Point Limited has set aside for their esteemed customers and Nigerian tenants to share in the experience of home ownership.
Sack you landlord today! Thank me later…
visit www.realtypointltd.com for more details