The importance of personal development by reading content-rich real estate books cannot be overstated, especially if you are an investor and your money is at stake.
An investment in oneself, they say, is the best form of investment you will ever find.
It’s the secret to separating yourself from the pack, the bridge that carries you toward the goals you have yet to reach.
Real estate investors disagree on many topics, but one that nearly all agree on is the necessity of investing in yourself. There are literally thousands of real estate books out there that deal with real estate investing, and they are loaded!
Just as it applies with other forms of investment, real estate investing also has the potential risk of losing your investment.
Fortunately, there is a key to real estate investing success. That key is… knowledge.
Knowledge is power, after all. The more you know about real estate investing before you get started, the greater success you will have. The more real estate books and content you consume, the better you will be at this game.
That is where this collection of the best real estate books comes into play. There are hundreds of books on how to buy investment properties. Some are good, some are of dubious quality, and some give downright bad advice.
- 1 6 Best Real Estate Books on Investments
- 1.0.1 1. The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- 1.0.2 2. The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner
- 1.0.3 3. Getting the Money: The Simple System for Getting Private Money for Your Real Estate Deals by Susan Lassiter-Lyons
- 1.0.4 4. The Complete Guide to Real Estate Finance for Investment Properties: How to Analyze Any Single-Family, Multifamily, or Commercial Property by Steve Berges
- 1.0.5 5. The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People’s Money by Brandon Turner
- 1.0.6 6. Real Estate Investing Gone Bad: 21 True Stories of What NOT to Do When Investing in Real Estate and Flipping Houses by Phil Pustejovsky
6 Best Real Estate Books on Investments
The following list is a compilation of top real estate books on investment i could find. Let’s get to it…
1. The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
This practical book emphasizes that the first step to building wealth is to learn and understand the foundational truths and models that drive financial wealth.
Using a collection of wisdom and experience from over 100 millionaire investors who achieved financial wealth through various methods of investing, The Millionaire Real Estate Investor delivers a straightforward and easy-to-read guide that reveals successful strategies.
This real estate investment book is very motivational. It gets you hyped on the possibilities of investing and gets you to want to rush out and get started. It covers all the basic information for people who are just starting on their financial journeys.
This book will help save you time if you are new to the industry, and is an easy read for people who can take the ideas from the book and apply them to their own situations.
2. The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner
The Book on Rental Property Investing is written by a real estate investor and provides detailed advice and strategies that he learned from years of experience accruing wealth through rental properties.
This book teaches a realistic plan to help you find profitable deals and finance your rentals.
This book provides solid real-world advice on real estate investing. The author gives good details on various rental property investment topics.
3. Getting the Money: The Simple System for Getting Private Money for Your Real Estate Deals by Susan Lassiter-Lyons
I am sure you have heard the saying “It takes money to make money.” The same thing is true in real estate: It takes money to make real estate purchases. The entire point of this book is to help you get your hands on money for your real estate deals.
Real estate investing has been proven to build wealth when done right. But it is hard to get the money to get started on your own. Not many people have enough spare money to buy a second property without borrowing some or all of it.
Getting the Money provides the reader with the clear framework needed to raise the private capital needed for real estate. This inspiring property financing book talks about the author’s first-hand experience in using creativity and a genuine personality to raise millions of dollars for investing in real estate.
4. The Complete Guide to Real Estate Finance for Investment Properties: How to Analyze Any Single-Family, Multifamily, or Commercial Property by Steve Berges
This practical guide provides investors with the necessary tools to make educated decisions to gauge the potential worth of investment properties. This is a great read for both seasoned real estate investors and those who are just getting into the business.
Written as a straightforward guide, Berges carefully walks readers through each stage of analyzing properties for their potential value.
This real estate book on investments covers all of the important points when it comes to real estate financing. It clearly shows readers many important considerations they need to be aware of prior to making investment decisions.
5. The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People’s Money by Brandon Turner
This real estate book on investment is designed to help people who are interested in getting involved in the property business, but who don’t have much money to put up front. It touches on subjects such as:
- Investing with no money down
- How to combine investing techniques
- How to attract lenders
- The downsides to investing and how to overcome them
The book is rich with hypothetical examples that get right to the point of explaining various scenarios the author cooks up. With a lot of solid ideas, this is a useful read for beginners who have yet to learn about various strategies.
6. Real Estate Investing Gone Bad: 21 True Stories of What NOT to Do When Investing in Real Estate and Flipping Houses by Phil Pustejovsky
This book is great for people who are looking to flip houses, as well as those who are investing in long-term real estate.
Unlike the other real estate investment books that paint property as something that gives you complete control over your investment, this book faces the reality of the mistakes people often make that end up costing them a lot of time and money.
This is an ideal read for people who are just getting into real estate, as it is important to realize there are dangers to go with the potential profits.
Lastly, i will like to point out that you shouldn’t rely on just one source of information. Read these books, listen to podcasts, and gather all the information available.
Wish you the best of luck in your investment journey. You will need it.